Where to Watch July 4th Fireworks
July 4th is one of the most popular summer holidays and everyone knows that it means cookouts, parades, and lots of red, white, and blue. Of course there is nothing quite like the awe-inspiring fireworks displays that finish off the night!
If you want to see live fireworks for yourself this Fourth of July, here are some popular places where you can catch the fireworks:
- Boston: Hundreds of thousands of spectators descend upon Boston for the July 4th festivities and millions more tune in to watch on TV. This is one of the largest fireworks shows in the country. It immediately follows a live show by the Boston Pops that features the National Anthem, the "1812 Overture", celebrity guests, and a military flyover.
- Washington, D.C.: Is there a more patriotic place than our nation’s capitol? If you plan to be in D.C. for the Fourth, take in the Independence Day parade during the day, then attend the free concert at the Capitol and watch the fireworks on the National Mall. Check out other events happening in D.C.
- New York: If you’re in and around New York City, head down to the Hudson River to catch the more then 40,000 fireworks that will be set off to celebrate the holiday. The 25-minute fireworks spectacular is set to music and often televised for those who can't make the trip to the Big Apple.
- Las Vegas: Heading to Sin City? You’ll have more than one opportunity to catch some fireworks! Several of the casinos usually have fireworks shows planned such as Caesars Palace or Mandalay Bay.
- Miami: Who wouldn’t want to sit on the beach to watch the fireworks? That’s what you can do if you live in the Miami area. The city of Miami will celebrate with fireworks and jazz music at Ocean Drive and 8th Street.
- San Francisco: Talk about a picturesque fireworks display - f you’re going to be in San Francisco, you’ll get to see the fireworks over the bay! The San Francisco fireworks are launched from Pier 39. Great spots to watch include Aquatic Park, Coit Tower, the Cannery, and Ghirardelli Square.
- Dallas: Kaboom Town in Addison, TX makes the list because it was rated “one of the top places to watch fireworks in the country” by the American Pyrotechnics Association, USA Today, and Travel + Leisure. This nationally-recognized fireworks show features 30 minutes of amazing fireworks that can be seen from anywhere in Addison.
- Los Angeles: There are many fireworks shows planned throughout Los Angeles, including festivities in Burbank, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Pasadena and more.
Of course, there are fireworks displays planned for towns big and small across the country. Check your local newspaper or listen to the news to find out when you can catch the fireworks in your area. Once you know the schedule, invite friends to join you! Bring chairs, blankets, sparklers and snacks and make it a night to remember!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now